Re: Support Existing Content / consensus through attrition?

From: David Dailey <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 10:38:26 -0400
To: Gareth Hay <gazhay@gmail.com>
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

At 06:28 AM 5/2/2007, Gareth Hay wrote:

>Fine. I think today will be my last day on the list.

Ack! Please don't go. I really don't think the proposers of the
design principles (whence emanates this particular discussion,
methinks) really want to achieve consensus through attrition.

I think debates on fundamental principles are likely to be rocky, but
think of what defections do to the overall process.

The hope is to discover consensus rather than to legislate it.

Hang on a while. I'll bet you a handful of virtual beans that things
will improve.

David