Re: Style sheet that hides UA-specific requirements

[<http://simon.html5.org/temp/author-view-of-html5.css>]

>> It could be done much easier and more reliably though if the HTML would
>> indicate UA-specificness with something like class="ua-only" ;)
>
> That would put the burden on the editor(s), and I think their time is
> better spent on actually editing the spec.

Well, like I said, I can't judge how much work this would be. But considering
that
[1] we have a lot of discussion on this list that seems to stem from people
not having read much of the spec yet, the immediate value does seem obvious
-- especially now that
[2] we're officially being asked to vote on whether or not to use WHATWG's
HTML5 as starting point
[3] if WHATWG's HTML 5 is adopotd  by the HTML WG, we all *will* have to
throroughly read it
, it's important that that document is as easy to digest as possible.[*]

Btw, you might want to consider appending something like this to the Style
sheet:

body:before {position:fixed; bottom: 0; right: 0; border: #dcb solid thin;
color: black; background-color: #fed; content: "author view"}

Although granted, that only results in what I expected in iCab and Safari;
Opera does OK enough, only ignoring background-color; Firefox doesn't fix
position (I don't have IE7 available). Will we ever see interoperability?

[*] It would be much appreciated if <http://www.whatwg.org/> would (also)
point to the multi page version, so we don't have to first load the entire
single page version to get a link to the multi page version.

--
Sander Tekelenburg