Re: Support Existing Content

From: Gareth Hay <gazhay@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 11:28:56 +0100
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>

On 2 May 2007, at 10:28, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> In fact, I thought the HTML WG was about incremental evolution of
> HTML as opposed to breaking backwards compatibility for no good
> reason. (This is certainly true for the WHATWG, which is way some
> of your comments there may have been dismissed.)

I suppose your definition of a good reason differs from mine. I want
to fix the web, and make it a better place for authors and for
renderers, that is my reason.
I guess HTML, or certainly the next evolution of it is going to
persist with the problems that dog it today.

Fine. I think today will be my last day on the list.

Thanks

Gareth