Re: Support Existing Content

On May 2, 2007, at 13:54, Gareth Hay wrote:

> That is my view, and I haven't read anything to come close to
> altering my view. I also /believe/ this to be true of the other
> side of the argument.
> since the other side is browser vendors and the people who have
> been 'driving hmtl' for decades, I am clearly wrong.

You might have more success with your argument if you showed using
Game Theory, why in a multiplayer "game" (i.e. market) none of the
"players" (i.e. vendors) have an incentive to be more permissive
towards the legacy baseline of permissiveness than the others.

In addition, it would help to show an incentive for the first vendor
to move from the status quo towards less permissiveness without all
the vendors moving in lockstep.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi