Re: missing principle

From: Roger Johansson <roger@456bereastreet.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 22:49:41 +0200
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

On 1 maj 2007, at 20.16, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Most would like to be able to put some bold or italic text in their
> email, or embed a picture, or include a list, without concerning
> themselves with the format. They don't know or care that it is HTML.
>
> I notice that you set some of your text in pseudo-italics using the
> slash convention: "/abused/". Why is that invariably a better way
> of communicating information than using real italics: "abused"?

Well, for one thing it would have communicated the italics you
implied in that last sentence to me since I have configured Apple
Mail to always display the plain text alternative. ;-)

There are many people who disable HTML rendering in their email
applications. HTML is doing almost as good a job as spam of making
email unusable.

/Roger

--
http://www.456bereastreet.com/