offtopic news: Court rules in Microsoft's favour on patents; Supreme Court also weighs in

From: Dailey, David P. <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 09:47:59 -0400
To: <public-html@w3.org>

Apologies for the slightly off-topic interruption (without reading the ruling I'm not sure if there are implications for the web or not) , but there are so many folks in the software development community here, that I thought many people here would be interested.
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39286910,00.htm (ATT v Microsoft, yesterday)
This is coupled with a separate Supreme Court decision yesterday making software patents harder to obtain http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-0704300483may01,0,3797359.story?coll=chi-business-hed
Many here may be encouraged, based on some views they have expressed.