Re: danger of null value for summary attribute [Re: fear of "invisible metadata"]

On Jun 27, 2007, at 7:44 AM, Sander Tekelenburg wrote:

> At 22:19 +0200 UTC, on 2007-06-25, James Graham wrote:
>
> [...]
>> financial year 2005-2006. <span style="display:none">The columns
>> indicate sales in different regions and the rows indicate the
>> months of
>> the year. The last row and last column show a total for the month or
>> region.</span></p>
>>
>> This has several disadvantages; [...]
>
> One disadvantage you don't list is that this is CSS-dependant.

It's also an ad hoc solution to replace a solution that's already a
part of the language in HTML4.01. To me that's a step backwards. We
could after all, just replace everything with <div> and <span> and
have a deal with everything else through CSS and scripts. No one
wants that.

Take care,
Rob