Re: Author-friendlier definition of <object>

From: Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:14:11 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org

At 23:03 +1000 UTC, on 2007-06-27, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> Sander Tekelenburg wrote:

[...]

>> Given that the spec not only defines UA conformity, but also document
>> conformity, it will need to be understandable by both UA and document
>>authors.
>
> Note that I said *in this case*.  As I pointed out, the section is
> clearly aimed at implementers, not authors

I can't follow. If this is not aimed at authors, then where in the spec are
authors supposed to find 'their' definition of <object>? The part of that
section's text that I suggest changing appears to be what matters to authors
looking up <object>. It is in fact the same bit that Simon Pieters pointed
to, in <http://www.w3.org/mid/op.tuhf1ng47a8kvn@hp-a0a83fcd39d2>, which gave
me the impression that he too thinks this bit is for authors.

--
Sander Tekelenburg