Re: About dropping the style attribute

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:51:38 +0200
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: gonchuki <gonchuki@gmail.com>

> i still must insist that dropping the attribute form the HTML side
> doesn't mean we won't have it on the javascript side as a property of
> HTMLElement.

That just doesn't suffice. How will you handle unique formatting, when desired? How should we expect ad partners to cooperate, not to speak of getting them aboard? How's scoped style sheets handling? What signal is it leading everything through by scripting?

I'm no "style" attribute advocate, but it definitely makes sense under certain circumstances.

--
Jens Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/