Re: the market hasn't spoken - it hasn't bothered to listened [was Re: fear of "invisible metadata"]

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 21:42:38 -0700
To: wai-xtech-request@w3.org, public-html@w3.org

Monika Trebo wrote:
Again, as long as we don't have something better than longdesc we should
keep it in.

If the HTML5 WG (or whatever it's called) actually deprecated longdesc
they should be drummed out of the regiment - that would be an
unconscionable thing to do. Whatever arcane reasoning went into that
decision was without merit and attempts to hide it in "process" nonsense
is simply not acceptable.

Although the most important reason for longdesc is the accessibility
"market", there will develop other uses for it once the foxes have been
driven out of the hen house.

It wasn't broke and really doesn't need much (if any) fixing.

Does Sir Tim really know they deprecated longdesc?

Love.