Re: Versioning re-visited (was : mixed signals on "Writing HTML documents", tutorial, etc.)

From: Philip Taylor (Webmaster) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:53:03 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org

Although I intend to address some specific points in
a future message, I think it might help to summarise
my position in as few words as possible :

	"If we /provide/ version information, we allow
	 others to make use of it if they so choose.

	 If we /omit/ version information, we prevent
	 others from making use of it."

Philip Taylor