Re: Horizontal menu-2

On 6/11/07 1:37 PM, "Dmitry Turin" <html60@narod.ru> wrote:

> Good day, Maurice.
> Excuse me for a long break.
>
> MC> <select> ... should be accompanied by a proper submit button anyway
>
> I imply, that SELECT become auto-submit tag,
> when attribute |text| exist in it.
> So <form> and <button type=submit> are superfluous.
>
> MC> If you want drop down navigation it's quite simple do it with <ul> and
> some
> MC> css.
>
> Yes, but purpose is to make without it !
> Purpose is to give _simple_ instrument of unskilled users.

We've got a new person here's who'd never used CSS before and in about a
week she was doing full css layouts with drop down navigation.
She says she'd give the difficulty level of learning CSS+<ul> based drop
down menus a 2 out of 10, easy.

Making it work in IE without javascript got a 38 out of 10 I believe.

And I strongly believed that by the time html5 is ready, 80% of "unskilled
users" will prefer to be using some sort of CMS (facebook, blogger,
wordpress, flash-based, myspace, etc) and a large portion of the remainder
will be people willing to learn at least so me of the basic best practices
of modern html writing.

I think you're idea would be better implemented as

html:
<menu id="ddm">
</menu>

css:
 menu#ddm {
 display: _Form_Submit;
}

--
::   thyme online ltd
::   po box cb13650  nassau  the bahamas