Re: mixed signals on "Writing HTML documents", tutorial, etc.

From: Philip Taylor (Webmaster) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:14:00 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Maurice Carey <maurice@thymeonline.com>, HTML Working Group <public-html@w3.org>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

 > I would actually like to be able to author the same way as I currently
 > author HTML4 documents.

How is one meant to interpret that utterance ?  Does it mean
(for example) that you would like to be afforded special
treatment, and that HTML 5 should be specified in such
a way as to ensure that you are minimally inconvenienced,
or is it to be interpreted in a more general sense, that
HTML 5 be so specified that any markup practice which is
valid for HTML 4 should also be valid for HTML 5 ?

Philip Taylor