Re: [doctype] useless/not required or useful/required

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:44:08 +0200
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>

> It says a DOCTYPE is only useful for triggering standards mode. It
> points to a document that says the same and elaborates on that point
> a lot. What else do you want it to say?

I /propose/ to add one, two sentences /why/ the Doctype has been simplified, in a document that is indeed targeting HTML 4 /differences/, but is /probably/ not damaged by adding short explanations of key concepts.

If that suggestion doesn't reach consensus, fine.

--
Jens Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/