Re: [doctype] useless/not required or useful/required

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:09:46 +0200
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>

> > We should probably add an explanation for the doctype simplification
> > in the HTML 4 differences document as well.
>
> How exactly does it not do that now?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the mentioned three sentences in the Doctype section do not cover reasons for any simplification (leaving out Doctype identifiers, for example). Not necessarily a must in that document, but it's a significant difference to HTML 4 and probably beneficial for understanding HTML 5.

--
Jens Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/