RE: please reivew mobileOK Basic Tests 1.0 (scripting, fallback, ...)

From: Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:11:58 +0100
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, "Simon Pieters" <zcorpan@gmail.com>
Cc: <public-bpwg-comments@w3.org>, <public-html@w3.org>

> There's a mobile best practices checker.
>   http://validator.w3.org/mobile/
>
> I presume it's in sync with the mobileOK Basic Tests 1.0,
> except for bugs. So a document where you disagree
> with the output of the checker will probably help make
> your point clear.

An important point - no it isn't in sync. There are more up-to-date
implementations at [1] from dotMobi and [2] from CTIC. Neither of these
is completely in sync with the current draft.

There is a BPWG checker Task Force working on producing a reference
implementation. Its home page is at [3] and it carries out its work on a
public list [4]. As it happens the Task Force has just completed a face
to face - the general feeling being that we are on target for a
September completion date on this reference version.

Jo

[1] http://ready.mobi
[2] http://validadores.tawdis.net/mobileok/
[3]