Re: HTML5 differences from HTML4 editor's draft (XHTML5 and XHTML2)

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 17:41 +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> >
> > I drafted up a document that lists the differences from HTML4:
> >
> >   http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/html5/html4-differences/Overview.html
> >
> > Feedback is welcome on the document itself.
>
> Thanks Anne for this effort, seems very useful.
>
> "This XML serialization is called XHTML5 and is basically an update to
> XHTML1."
>
> Seems pretty strange to use term XHTML5 without approval from XHTML WG,
> especially if you know that they don't think that XML serialization of
> HTML5 should be called XHTML5.

I'm aware of a certain amount of tension around these names... but
I don't think it helps much to refer obliquely to opinions of
others.

If you have an opinion on the matter, would you please let us know
your preference plainly?

Would you like me to ask the XHTML 2 Working Group their opinion?