Re: HTML5 differences from HTML4 editor's draft

From: Ben 'Cerbera' Millard <cerbera@projectcerbera.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 22:02:03 +0100
To: "HTMLWG" <public-html@w3.org>

AFAICT, the abbr="" attribute [1] was also "dropped" from <td> and <th>.

I see the document uses "dropped" to mean 'was featured in HTML4 but not in
HTML5'. Previously, the absence of these features has been described by
HTML5 being a "clean slate" and these features had not yet justified their
inclusion in HTML5. Is the document wrong about this or have I misunderstood
something?

[1] <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html#adef-abbr>

Ben Millard, sdesign1
http://sdesign1.com/ben.htm