HTML WG | Potential West Coast Face to Face?

From: Arun <arun.ranganathan@corp.aol.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:01:21 -0700
To: public-html@w3.org
Greetings HTML WG!

This is a note about a non-technical topic, but perhaps an equally hard
topic to agree on: a face to face meeting :)

I've spoken to the chairs, who suggest that late July / early August is
a good time.  AOL LLC is entirely willing to host the face to face at
its Mountain View, CA campus, and perhaps when there's sufficient
momentum around the idea of a potential face to face, there will be a
survey of attendees on the W3 system.

I propose we meet just after the AJAX Experience conference
(http://ajaxexperience.techtarget.com/west/html/eventsataglance.html?Offer=AEajnp65sched).
I propose a standard 2-3 day F2F on July 31 and August 1 (potentially
including August 2 as well -- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday).  Of course,
other dates are possible, and perhaps a poll on 3 potential slots might
be useful.

What does the listserv say about a potential west coast f2f?  W3C staff
contact(s): the sooner we have a survey set up, the sooner I can begin
thinking about logistics.

-- A*