Re: Raising issues in a way that the editors will pay attention to them

From: Henrik Dvergsdal <henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:33:11 +0200
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

On 4 Jun 2007, at 15:33, James Graham wrote:

> A link to a page that has to work around the lack of a feature in
> some sub-optimal way is a perfect example of how it would "Solve
> Real Problems". Indeed if you are unable to find such a link you
> will have to work much harder to convince people that the problem
> being solved is indeed real. Also, it is very important to
> understand how proposed features interact with legacy browsers so
> having test documents that use the proposed feature is very valuble.

Sure. I agree on all of that. I also think that this should be the
major approach and that this type of research is extremely important.
But I think there should also be some room for activism and creative
thinking. And I think it should be possible to take projections of
future developments into account - even if it's not a problem on the
current web.

--
Henrik