Re: Scoped style element questions Re: Unscoped <style> found outside the <head>

From: liorean <liorean@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:28:30 +0200
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On 03/06/07, Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl> wrote:
> Better use IDs then, e.g. <elm id="scope.identifier.string">. That will
> make converting a 'scoped' stylesheet also a lot easier, as it's just a
> matter of prefixing all selectors in the scoped stylesheet with #{@scope}.

True. However, I just chimed in to make sure that the third proposal
wasn't left out of the discussion, since Karl obviously didn't list
that suggestion.

I would personally prefer the following-siblings-only scoping proposal
to be what we specify, possibly together with a new ::scopeRoot
pseudo-element that encompasses all those siblings.
--
David "liorean" Andersson