Problem in algorithm "get an attribute" of 8.2.2. The input stream

From: Raphael Champeimont (Almacha) <almacha@animala.tar.cc>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 18:53:19 +0200
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

I think there is something wrong in the "get an attribute" algorithm
from 8.2.2. The input stream.

Between steps 11 and 12 I think there is a missing:

11b: Advance position to the next byte.

With the current algorithm, if I write <meta charset = ascii> it will
say the value of attribute charset is "aascii" with one too much leading A

The reason is that in step 11 if we fall in case "Anything else" we add
the new char to the string, and then if we fall in "Anything else" in
step 12 we add again the *same* char to the string, so the first char of
the attribute value appears 2 times.

Raphael Champeimont