Re: 'role' should be property

From: Jon Barnett <jonbarnett@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 19:47:54 -0500
To: "Leif Halvard Silli" <lhs@malform.no>
Cc: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, public-html@w3.org, mark.birbeck@x-port.net
On 5/31/07, Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no> wrote:

>  Well ... I am not saying that it is possible, but _if_ it were possible
> to move the things that scope and headers do *out* of HTML and into CSS,
> then suddenly it became much simpler to create HTML5 conformimg UAs, and to
> differentiate the UAs - they do not all have to support all CSS properties.)

This speaks to what I was just getting at.

If it's not possible to determine the meanings of elements and the
relationships between elements in HTML markup without the aid of external
resources such as CSS, then HTML needs to be fixed instead of passing that
burden on to another language.

--
Jon Barnett