Re: html5 syntax - why not use xml syntax?

Isn't it possible to have compatible syntax already?
Is there any XHTML syntax that is invalid in a HTML document?

Do any of these cause problems in HTML? Is this valid?
<input type="radio" name="foo" value="bar" checked="checked"/>

What about <?xml prolog, @xmlns, @xml:lang?

I have noticed the W3C HTML validator is confused by <link ... /> and