Re: [W3C docs] We should teach by example.

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 13:07:57 -0500
To: gonchuki <gonchuki@gmail.com>
Cc: "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, Josh Sled <jsled@asynchronous.org>

On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 19:25 +0200, gonchuki wrote:
> On 7/6/07, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> >
> > I'm intrigued by the claim that source formatting contributes
> > to accessibility. I'm not at all persuaded; I would have to
> > see considerably more evidence.

> what I mean with accessibility on this issue is that we must ensure
> that the source code is viewable and understandable to any disabled
> person, be it that she has low vision or focus/attention disorders.

You made that claim before. Repeating it doesn't make it any more true
or convincing. If you have evidence or justification to back it,
please share it. Otherwise this is just a matter of personal preference,
i.e. editorial judgement. You're welcome to share such advice, but
the editors are under no obligation to do anything with it.

"must" is a strong word; don't just throw it around lightly.