Re: The only name for the xml serialisation of html5

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:42:41 +0900
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: Dean Edridge <dean@55.co.nz>

Dean Edridge (30 aot 2007 - 20:37) :
> To my understanding XHTML 2 is not an XML serialisation of HTML,
> but a whole new language based on XML, not HTML4 or XHTML1.x.

Just a clarification point if necessary (and not taking side on this
The "X" in XHTML 1.0 doesn't mean "XML serialization", but extensible.

      XHTML 1.0 The Extensible HyperText Markup Language

Maybe it should have been called "ehtml". :)

For now, when I talk about serializations of html5, I use
and try to use html5 only for the abstract model, not the syntax.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***