Re: The only name for the xml serialisation of html5

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:42:41 +0900
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: Dean Edridge <dean@55.co.nz>

Dean Edridge (30 aot 2007 - 20:37) :
> To my understanding XHTML 2 is not an XML serialisation of HTML,
> but a whole new language based on XML, not HTML4 or XHTML1.x.

Just a clarification point if necessary (and not taking side on this
debate).
The "X" in XHTML 1.0 doesn't mean "XML serialization", but extensible.

      XHTML 1.0 The Extensible HyperText Markup Language
      http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/

Maybe it should have been called "ehtml". :)

PS:
For now, when I talk about serializations of html5, I use
	html5/html
	html5/xml
and try to use html5 only for the abstract model, not the syntax.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***