"vague subject referred to as Web Applications" (detailed review of section 1. Introduction)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:41:49 -0500
To: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>

This paragraph is awkward. I'm not sure what it's trying to say.
The only suggestion I have is to strike it:

"The main area that has not been adequately addressed by HTML is a vague
subject referred to as Web Applications. This specification attempts to
rectify this, while at the same time updating the HTML specifications to
address issues raised in the past few years."

for reference:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/
1.218 Fri Aug 24 22:56:42 2007 UTC