Re: Multilanguage alt/title

On Aug 29, 2007, at 4:31 PM, Robert Burns wrote:

> HI Gregory,
>
> After producing the wiki page on OBJECT element support in the
> latest browsers, I"m even more convinced this is the way to go [1].
> From the results so far, it seems that every  current browser except
> Safari allows for a simplified  use of the OBJECT element (as nearly
> as simple as the IMG element except that for IE the dimensions need
> to be specified). The OBJECT element is much closer to being a
> replacement for IMG than I would have thought. If these bugs in IE
> (extracting and using the media's intrinsic dimensions) and Safari
> (not even handling this content at all) could be worked out, we
> would be there.

Did you find any problems in Safari's support for the OBJECT element
for images? I don't recall you mentioning any.

The problems with audio/video are a bug in the quicktime plugin - I
hope that can be fixed soon but in the meantime you can duplicate the
data attribute in a <param name="src"> to work around it. In any case
they would not affect the use of OBJECT for images.

Regards,
Maciej