Re: Review of 3.15.1. The table element

From: gonchuki <gonchuki@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:25:20 -0300
To: public-html <public-html@w3.org>

On 8/22/07, Philip Taylor (Webmaster) <P.Taylor@rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Sadly I do not think that any conformance tool could reliably
> identify such tables.  It may therefore be necessary to tone
> down the wording to match reality.
>
> Philip TAYLOR

A conformance tool could at least check the number of DOM nodes inside
table cells and raise a warning if above certain number. I mean, may
be a span or two are ok for visual formatting, but above that
threshold the conformance tool should raise a warning telling the
author to check that tables are not used for layout.

/Gonzalo Rubio