Re: Seeing the open issues

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Steve Faulkner wrote:
>> If it is technically feasible as you infer (in your email) to provide a
>> version of the page that can be displayed in IE why not provide it in
>> the first place rather than having to duplicate the effort in developing
>> a second version? Providing an "accessible" alternative is always a last
>> resort.
>
> I have limited resources, I'd like to concentrate on working on the spec
> rather than working on tools to help people see how I'm working on the
> spec. I wrote this tool over a weekend, mostly for fun, to help people see
> what the issues are. It doesn't work in IE because it uses standards-based
> features that IE doesn't support. However, I have provided full
> documentation of the API used to allow it to be implemented in other
> browsers by anyone who wants to do so. I encourage you to implement an IE
> version, or find someone to volunteer to implement one for you.

I wrote a rough script that uses the API to present the issue list as
static pages, and currently have it running at
<http://canvex.lazyilluminati.com/misc/cgi/issues.cgi/>. It ought to
work the same in any browser.

The source is at
<http://canvex.lazyilluminati.com/misc/cgi/issues.cgi/source> - everyone
should feel free to copy or improve or run it themselves.

--
Philip Taylor
philip@zaynar.demon.co.uk