Re: edits to the draft should reflect the consensus of the WG

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:24:31 -0500
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>, Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com>, HTMLWG <public-html@w3.org>

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 11:42 +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:
[...]
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Robert Burns wrote:
> >
> > I'm not shooting on the main editor, I'm simply asking that the edits reflect
> > the hard work of this groups members.
>
> This will happen in due course. Right now I'm still dealing with the ~3700
> e-mails that have been sent to the WHATWG list over the past 3 years. Once
> I've dealt with those, I will start with the problem descriptions in the
> Wiki and deal with those. It seems only fair that I should deal with the
> feedback on a somewhat first-come-first-served basis.

"somewhat first-come-first-served" makes sense.

In May, you asked for a few months to deal with the WHATWG backlog,
which was a reasonable request. It's been a few months now.

Issues where the discussion is more mature should naturally get
increased priority, but we'll take other factors into account
in negotiating priorities too.