Re: HTML Design Principles Review

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:53:25 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>

I am still formulating my thoughts of the Design Principles document. I
just wish to share an observation.

I am curious as to why is there such a bloat amongst the design
principles for HTML 5? The design principles documents for HTML 4 seems
remarkably precise, and sensible. The XHTML 2 design aims also seem to
be brief and concise. Why are the  HTML 5 principles so verbose? Can the
principles themselves "Avoid Needless Complexity"?

Josh

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html40-970708/intro/h4desgn.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/introduction.html#aims