Re: Keeping some order in the wiki (was Re: problem-statements for HTML 4.01 differences)

Hi Sander,

On Aug 14, 2007, at 1:20 PM, Sander Tekelenburg wrote:

> At 02:15 -0500 UTC, on 2007-08-14, Rob Burns wrote:
>
>> I categorized the HTML5 changes on the HTML main wiki page [1]. I
>> think the list might look overwhelming in its previous form.
>
> Excellent!
>
> One thing though, and ignore me if I'm the only one ;) but
> <http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML> is becoming quite big this way. I'm
> beginning
> to lose sight of things. Could not the entire "Justifications for
> Differences" section be moved to a separate page?
>
> (Yes, it's a wiki so I could I could just do that move :) But there
> may be a
> good reason that all this needs to be at the home page.)

I would support such a move. I didn't want to do it, since I wasn't
sure how the group would feel. In many ways, I think all of those
sections could just get their own page.

However, I ddi add the one-level TOC at the top of the page to make
it easy to navigate to any of those sections.. Sometimes (depending
on your bandwidth) it can be much easier to let the content of
interest load on one page and then navigate around that page quickly.

Take care,
Rob