Re: integration of WF2 into HTML5 draft -- when, if, and how?

From: Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 11:34:42 +1000
To: public-html@w3.org

If you check out the HTML 5 CVS repository:
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@dev.w3.org/sources/public
Password: anonymous
cvs co html5

You will get the HTML 5 spec, the design principles, the differences from HTML
4 and the Web Forms 2.0 draft. This is a convenient means of tracking changes
and maintaining local copies of all the documents as they evolve.

See also the editorial note in section 3.16 of the HTML 5 draft, which states
that Web Forms 2.0 is to be rewritten and integrated into the spec.

The issue of when this work will be carried out is a question for the editors.
I personally think it should be a priority, for as Gregory noted, this is
currently a major gap in the HTML 5 document that will need to be filled
before we can publish a complete working draft of the spec. This comment in no
way indicates opposition, on my part, to publishing the presently incomplete
document as a W3C working draft.