Re: Distributed Extensibility

From: Philip Taylor <philip@zaynar.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 17:27:21 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org

Philip Taylor wrote:
> IE5+ also does namespaced tags outside of <xml>, which are perhaps
> interesting - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535160.aspx and
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms531076.aspx give some
> incomplete and incorrect information. Rough experimentation suggests the
> following:
>
> [...]

Oh, sorry, it turns out that wasn't actually correct, because the live
DOM viewer is misleading - or at least it is correct about what happens
when you create HTML via document.write(), but is incorrect when you're
unless you have <html xmlns:x> or <?xml:namespace prefix=x>). So, IE's
behaviour is somewhat more complex and less sane that I thought.

--
Philip Taylor
philip@zaynar.demon.co.uk