Re: Distributed Extensibility

From: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 23:33:37 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org

2007/8/2, Sam Ruby:
> Thomas Broyer wrote:
> > Another (already proposed) alternative to your proposal would be to
> > extend <script> to contain XML if its @type attribute is specified and
> > with an XML Media Type value. UAs would then parse the <script>
> > content as XML (yes, XML) and if all goes well (XML is wellformed)
> > display it as if it has been an <object> with the given XML resource
> > referenced with the @data attribute. If the XML is not wellformed,
> > nothing would be displayed.
>
> I guess I missed this.  URL to prior discussion (archives?  wiki?)

http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2006-December/008444.html

This is my reply, talking about Microsoft's XML Script:
http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2006-December/008688.html

and Ian consequently changed parsing of CDATA to at least allow
<script> to contain an "XML island" without throwing parse errors:
http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/commit-watchers-whatwg.org/2007/000122.html

--
Thomas Broyer