Re: Distributed Extensibility

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 12:55:34 +0300
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>, public-html@w3.org
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

On Aug 3, 2007, at 20:56, Dan Connolly wrote:

>> Reparenting is already an error.
>
> Care to elaborate? If anybody has a moment to walk me/us thru the
> relevant parts of the spec, or just point to it, I'd appreciate it.

Sam already mentioned foster parenting with tables. The error is
triggered two paragraph up from http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#foster

The reparenting happens in the adoption agency algorithm (steps 8, 10
and 11), but only if the sentence "If the element is not the current
node, this is a parse error." has produced a parse error in the first
step.
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#adoptionAgency

--
Henri Sivonen