transparent content model

From: Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 23:56:38 -0500
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net>

On Aug 3, 2007, at 11:44 PM, Jason White wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 10:06:25PM -0500, Robert Burns wrote:
>
>> Does this mean your proposal specifies a content model of "block-
>> level or
>> inline, but not both" (I'm still trying to understand what
>> transparent
>> means so perhaps that's the exact same thing).
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#transparent (sec. 3.3.3.3)

Yes, I've read the draft. It's another one of those sections that's
in serious need of clarification. Is your reading of that section
such that "block-level or inline-level elements but not both" is the
content model you're proposing for ALT? Or is that a different
content model?

Take care,
Rob

PS, there's a very unfortunate habit on this list of using URLs as an
explanation or to make a point without any further explanation.
That's a very poor way to communicate. AT the very least we should
each provide a quotation of the relevant sentence, phrase, or
paragraph and a brief explanation of what the cited source implies
about the discussion.