Re: transparent content model

From: Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 15:30:54 +1000
To: public-html@w3.org

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 11:56:38PM -0500, Robert Burns wrote:

> Yes, I've read the draft. It's another one of those sections that's in
> serious need of clarification. Is your reading of that section such that
> "block-level or inline-level elements but not both" is the content model
> you're proposing for ALT? Or is that a different content model?

My proposal is that if <alt> is at block level, then it must contain
block-level elements.

If it is at inline level, then it must contain inline-level elements.

This is consistent with how I read the definition, in the draft, of a
transparent content model: removal of the element (<alt> in this instance)
leaves a structurally correct document tree.