Re: Marking up links to alternative versions of content

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 13:14:25 +1000
To: Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl>
CC: public-html@w3.org

Sander Tekelenburg wrote:
> At 10:30 +0300 UTC, on 2007-07-31, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>   * Prima facie, I trust software performing the selection for me
>> based on said labeling even less.
>
> Do you not trust your anti spam filter? Do you not trust your browser to
> block pop-ups?

Spam filters and popup blockers don't work by by looking for explicit
labelling by authors.  They use various forms of heuristics to determine
the chances of being spam or an unwanted popup.  Even if spam and popups
did come with labelling, would you really trust it?  It would be like
the "evil bit" for IP packet headers.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/