Re: 9. WYSIWYG editor (enforcing the signature) detailed review of

From: Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 12:29:54 +1000
To: public-html@w3.org

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 10:54:02PM +0300, Mihai Sucan wrote:
> Hmm... yes, that's interesting. The "new FONT tag" is the SPAN now, with a
> style attribute. Every use of the FONT tag can be substituted with a SPAN
> and a style.
>
> I would agree dropping the FONT element and the "WYSIWYG editor" signature,
> both in a row. This would be better than the current situation.

+1 for removing both <font> and the signature.

If it is decided to keep <font> and to require a document signature, the
signature belongs in the doctype declaration and should be specified in
section 8.1.1.

I agree that "transitional", a term familiar from earlier versions of HTML,
would be a better signature.