Re: 9. WYSIWYG editor (enforcing the signature)

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Mihai Sucan wrote:

> I have read the HTML 5 spec section on WYSIWYG editors [1] and I'd like
> to express my concern on requiring the inclusion of "(WYSIWYG editor)"
> in the META NAME="generator" CONTENT attribute value.

I agree; in fact at this point I don't think anyone thinks it's a good
idea. We still need a better solution for handling the two tiers of
document quality, one targetting humans (who can know what they mean) and
one targetting today's computers (who rarely know what humans mean), but
I'm not sure what it is. One possibility I've considered is to just have
two conformance levels, "conforming html5 document" and "conforming
low-quality html5 document", with <font>, style="", and

Either way, the "(WYSIWYG editor)" generator flag will definitely be
dropped in due course.