Re: XForms Use Case

From: Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:57:36 -0800
To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Cc: "public-html-xml@w3.org" <public-html-xml@w3.org>
Hi,

> Currently missing from the initial use cases[…] is any mention of
> XForms.

Deploying XForms in text/html isn't a use case, it's a *solution* one
could propose *for* some use case(s). I'd like to know of a use case,
solvable by deploying XForms in text/html, that isn't solvable by simply
using HTML's existing forms functionality.

> Certainly, XForms is another XML vocabulary that's a sensible
> candidate for embedding in HTML.

I'm not certain of this.

> Or is it irrelevant, because you can just as well use XHTML?

It's not irrelevant because you can use XHTML, it's (most likely)
irrelevant because the Web platform already has a widely deployed forms
language: HTML's forms.

Ted