Re: Use cases

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 11:57:09 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, public-html-xml@w3.org
Sam Ruby scripsit:

> Similarly, let me know when you have produced ubiquitous HTML5 parsers
> for all environments, as you clearly have presumed when you stated[2]
> "addressed by putting an HTML5 parser at the start of the XML processing
> pipeline". :-)

I think that's a bit OTT.  Saying that a problem has been addressed
(that is, that a solution has been identified) is not the same as saying
the problem has been solved and the solution deployed.

> My suggestion for this group is that while we look to improve things
> whenever possible, but remain grounded in reality in terms of deployed
> formats and tool chains.

+1

--
John Cowan      <cowan@ccil.org>       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
                Charles li reis, nostre emperesdre magnes,