Re: Use cases

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 11:09:20 -0500
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: public-html-xml@w3.org
On 01/05/2011 10:51 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2011, at 17:38, Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>> Additionally, there are feed formats, such as RSS 2.0, which do not
>> provide a means to clearly identify the mime type of descriptions.
>
> Don't we have Atom to address this problem?

Let me know when you personally have recoded all feed producers.  :-)

Similarly, let me know when you have produced ubiquitous HTML5 parsers
for all environments, as you clearly have presumed when you stated[2]
"addressed by putting an HTML5 parser at the start of the XML processing
pipeline". :-)

My suggestion for this group is that while we look to improve things
whenever possible, but remain grounded in reality in terms of deployed
formats and tool chains.

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-xml/2011Jan/0080.html