Re: What problem is this task force trying to solve and why?

From: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 06:53:13 +0700
To: public-html-xml@w3.org
> > Also I think we should look at the HTML5 distributed extensibility issue
> I don't have the energy to read through 600+ emails.  If someone else
> does, fine.

I think the key things are:

The like-svg change proposal:
The zero-change proposal:
including Henri's response:
and Microsoft's response:
TAG comments: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0033.html

My interpretation of the responses is that the WG much prefers the
zero-change approach.

BTW, I don't agree with Henri that this is out of order.  It is about
embedding XML in HTML, and so is absolutely central to the work of this TF.