W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2012

Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-23, issues, task force reports, discussion items

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 09:27:33 -0700
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Message-id: <m2ipc9o9oq.fsf@eoconnor.apple.com>
Hi Sam,

You wrote:

> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2012-08-23 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

The minutes of this week's teleconference are available in HTML at

           http://www.w3.org/2012/08/23-html-wg-minutes.html

or in plain text below.


Ted



                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

23 Aug 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JulSep/0021.html

Attendees

   Present
          Radhika_Roy, Sam, Eliot, [Microsoft], jaymunro, hober,
          krisk, MikeSmith

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          hober

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Action items due by Thursday, August 23
         2. [5]New Issues This Week:
         3. [6]Items Closed Last Week
         4. [7]Items Closing This Week
         5. [8]Items Closing Next Week
         6. [9]New Calls this week
         7. [10]New Surveys this week
         8. [11]Decisions this week
         9. [12]Task Force Reports
        10. [13]Testing Task Force
        11. [14]Accessibility Task Force
        12. [15]Media Task Force
        13. [16]Other Business
        14. [17]public permissive proposed CR exit criteria
        15. [18]updated editors drafts from the new editor teams
        16. [19]canvas IDL issues
        17. [20]Scribe for next meeting
        18. [21]Adjournment
     * [22]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <CIA-1> validator: 03hiro * 6807ad882354 r134 10build/build.py:
   Adjust the Sourceforge mirror for dependencies

   <rubys> trackbot, start meeting

   <trackbot> Date: 23 August 2012

   <scribe> ScribeNick: hober

Action items due by Thursday, August 23

   ACTION-220?

   <trackbot> ACTION-220 -- Adrian Bateman to work with Matthew to
   get an editor's draft submitted to the WG for proposed adaptive
   image element -- due 2012-08-24 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/220

     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/220

   <rubys>
   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce
   /2012JulSep/0022.html

     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JulSep/0022.html

   rubys: update from adrian; his new target is tomorrow

New Issues This Week:

   rubys: there are none

Items Closed Last Week

   ISSUE-30?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc
   attribute for images -- open

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

     [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

   rubys: call for updated Change Proposals target was Aug 17
   ... we've moved that to the 30th

Items Closing This Week

   rubys: there are none

Items Closing Next Week

   ISSUE-131?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to
   canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

     [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

   rubys: CfC closes August 30

   ISSUE-201?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing
   capability to fallback content -- open

   <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

     [27] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

   rubys: CfC closes August 30
   ... we have a request for extension
   ... Issue31cMetaGeneratorUpdated CfC closes August 30
   ... a request from ted to interpret that narrowly; i agree

New Calls this week

   ISSUE-131?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to
   canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

     [28] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

   rubys: CfC mentioned above

   ISSUE-201?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing
   capability to fallback content -- open

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

     [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

   scribe: Issue31cMetaGeneratorUpdated CfC

   rubys: new calls all closing august 30th

New Surveys this week

   rubys: none

Decisions this week

   rubys: none

Task Force Reports

Testing Task Force

   krisk: updated the wiki with a list of approved tests in the
   suite

   <krisk> [30]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing

     [30] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing

   krisk: we now have 3744 approved tests
   ... we met as planned last week

   <krisk> Notes ->
   [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2
   012Aug/0010.html

     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Aug/0010.html

   krisk: we agreed bug 18505 & 18522 are indeed test bugs and
   will be fixed
   ... had a long git & hg conversation

   <krisk> sure..

   <krisk>
   [32]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18505

     [32] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18505

   <krisk>
   [33]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18522

     [33] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18522

   krisk: our git mirror is read-only; mercurial is read-write

   <krisk>
   [34]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17891

     [34] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17891

   krisk: some progress on bug 17891
   ... looks like ff may revert their decision
   ... which means we may revert to our previous behavior for
   compat
   ... we meet again next week

Accessibility Task Force

   MikeSmith: we had some discussion about ISSUE-204, so did PF
   ... PFWG will be communicating back to the HTML WG chairs about
   the 204 decision
   ... the TF wasn't involved in that
   ... also discussed ISSUE-30
   ... made a bit of progress on ISSUE-131 and ISSUE-201

   ISSUE-201?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing
   capability to fallback content -- open

   <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

     [35] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

   ISSUE-131?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to
   canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open

   <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

     [36] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

   MikeSmith: rich has been driving these issues from the TF side
   ... rich has no problem with deferring ISSUE-131 to HTML.next
   ... hopefully we can get consensus in the WG on that so we can
   move on
   ... rich thinks it's important to get ISSUE-201 implemented and
   shipped in browsers in the html5 timeframe
   ... rich is confident that implementors will make it happen
   ... I'm skeptical

   <rubys> we have a call for consensus
   [37]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Aug/038
   1.html

     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Aug/0381.html

   rubys: on ISSUE-201, we have a CfC on a CP authored by Ted
   ... likely consensus, though we have one request for extension

   MikeSmith: discussed this on the TF call, see the minutes
   ... others have spent a lot of time reaching consensus on this
   ... it would be disappointing to see the momentum slow down
   ... we have pretty good agreement among implementors
   ... the likelihood of a new proposal getting such consensus is
   low
   ... rich has spent time working with charles on this, and took
   an action item to talk to charles about this
   ... should have an update by next week's call

Media Task Force

Other Business

   ISSUE-30?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc
   attribute for images -- open

   <trackbot> [38]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

     [38] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

   rubys: there's been talk with plh, judy, and others

   <scribe> ... new target is august 30th for updates

   UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: survey will start on 31 august

public permissive proposed CR exit criteria

   rubys: this is a third option

   <rubys>
   [39]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Aug/029
   4.html

     [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Aug/0294.html

   rubys: discussion seems to be slowing down; will likely CfC
   once it winds down

updated editors drafts from the new editor teams

   <rubys> decisions applied to date: ISSUE-170 ISSUE-187
   ISSUE-189 ISSUE-199 ISSUE-204; possibly also ISSUE-150?

   rubys: new drafts are up; they have fixes for a number of
   decisions

   <rubys> [40]http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/

     [40] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/

   <rubys> [41]http://dev.w3.org/html5/2dcontext/

     [41] http://dev.w3.org/html5/2dcontext/

   rubys: hopefully we'll be able to do another heartbeat
   publication in early september

canvas IDL issues

   [42]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Aug/031
   4.html

     [42] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Aug/0314.html

   rubys: post from one of the canvas editors about making some
   idl changes
   ... will presume people are ok with it if no comments are
   received

Scribe for next meeting

   rubys: no volunteers

Adjournment

   rubys: we are adjourned
Received on Thursday, 23 August 2012 16:28:04 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:52 UTC