W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2012

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-13

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:55:51 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+dk7ijPreQHYsUYZf52ZqLGTZ57-EAf63RDxJXGKKE_pw@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Following are draft (text only) minutes of today's telecon. RRSAgent wasn't
logging, so I had to construct these minutes from raw IRC screen data.

Chair: mjs

ScribeNick: glenn

Agenda:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0032.html

Topic: ACTION items due by Thursday, June 14

ACTION-217?
ACTION-217 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to create an updated Caret ring focus
(Rich, Ted, Frank) ISSUE-201 CP -- due 2012-06-07 -- OPEN

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/217

mjs: is rich, ted, or frank here?

paulc: frank sent note on june 6th
... asking for ted's input on 201
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0020.html
... so far no response from ted
... frank/ted/rich has in their court

ted: has taken look at frank's proposal
... but needs more review hope to do today

ACTION-212?
ACTION-212 -- Michael[tm] Smith to draft revised HTML WG charter for May 31
-- due 2012-06-14 -- OPEN
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/212

mjs: not aware of state on this, anyone have update?

paulc: last week mike said he was holding off until plh returned from
holiday
... originally due may 31
... mike requested extension until plh returned

plh: hasn't seen draft yet
... mike is attending digital signing workshop at present

ACTION-212: due on June 21st
trackbot attempting to add comment notes to ACTION-212.
ACTION-212 Draft revised HTML WG charter for May 31 notes added

ACTION-219?
ACTION-219 -- Edward O'Connor to review Michael Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199a
-- due 2012-06-14 -- OPEN
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/219
related to ISSUE-199a

ted: hoping to send feedback by end of day

mjs: higher priority on 201
... 199 is next priority
... thanks ted for update

mjs: any q/c?

Topic: New Issues This Week
none

Topic: Items Closed Last Week

ISSUE-205?
ISSUE-205 -- Define what author guidance and/or methods should be provided
to those that wish to create accessible text editors using canvas as a
rendering surface. -- open
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/205

mjs: survey closed June 7, chairs now reviewing

ISSUE-205: survey closed June 7
ISSUE-205 Define what author guidance and/or methods should be provided to
those that wish to create accessible text editors using canvas as a
rendering surface. notes added

Topic: Items Closing This Week
none

Topic: Items Closing Next Week

ISSUE-184?
ISSUE-184 -- Add a data element -- open
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/184

ISSUE-184: data-element, Survey closes Jun 21
trackbot attempting to add a note to ISSUE-184.
ISSUE-184 Add a data element notes added

mjs: two CPs, one adds type system and various type values

ISSUE-185?
ISSUE-185 -- Drop the pubdate attribute -- open
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/185

ISSUE-185: drop-pubdate, Surveys close Jun 21
trackbot attempting to add a note to ISSUE-185.
ISSUE-185 Drop the pubdate attribute notes added

mjs: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0091.html

mjs: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0092.html

mjs: pubdate/moddate attrs (see above links)
... pls look at these surveys and enter objections if necessary

ISSUE-203?
ISSUE-203 -- All Media Elements should have the ability to have both short
and longer textual descriptions associated to the element -- open
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/203

ISSUE-203: media-descriptions, Call for Consensus closes Jun 20
trackbot attempting to add a note to ISSUE-203.
ISSUE-203 All Media Elements should have the ability to have both short and
longer textual descriptions associated to the element notes added

mjs: no counter-CPs, so will do CfC; adds alt/longdesc to video/audio
elements

Topic: New Calls This Week

ISSUE-203: media-descriptions, Call for Consensus closes Jun 20
trackbot attempting to add a note to ISSUE-203.
ISSUE-203 All Media Elements should have the ability to have both short and
longer textual descriptions associated to the element notes added

mjs: q/c?

Topic: New Surveys This Week

ISSUE-184?
ISSUE-184 -- Add a data element -- open
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/184

ISSUE-185?
ISSUE-185 -- Drop the pubdate attribute -- open
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/185

ISSUE-184: data-element - Straw Poll for Objections
trackbot attempting to add a note to ISSUE-184.
ISSUE-184 Add a data element notes added

ISSUE-185: drop-pubdate - Straw Poll for Objections
trackbot attempting to add a note to ISSUE-185.
ISSUE-185 Drop the pubdate attribute notes added

Topic: Decisions This Week
none

Topic: Other Business

ISSUE-189?
ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF -- open
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

ISSUE-204?
ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule that prohibits reference
to hidden elements -- open
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

mjs: assorted email activity... ted put together diff on CPs and current
text
... fair bit of alignment and few diffs
... hoping folks can talk through these to resovle
... janina asked for simple description of difference in plain text
... agree it is a bit hard to follow diffs
... mjs may make attempt to summarize diffs
... to speed along discussion, to get to agreement then move on

paulc: See Laura's text of Jonas's proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jun/0071.html

janina: would be much appreciated to have an english language description
of diff
... not sure if diff is quite right

mjs: will attempt to do so
... if needed, will request proposers for further input

paulc: laura posted text version of jonas' proposal (see above link)
... mjs should look at this before attempting summary

ted: looks like laura's input is correct, however, there are some issues on
diff markers going away
... probably still worth mjs applying diff to see what comes out

mjs: thinks laura's reconstruction is probably good starting point, though
as ted points out maybe additional diffs
... reasonable reference point
... hopes TF can review laura's input, and will proceed with his [mjs] own
attempt

mjs: q/c?

ISSUE-31?
ISSUE-31 -- Author conformance requirements for the alt attribute on images
-- closed
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31

ISSUE-31: re-open request
trackbot attempting to add a note to ISSUE-31.
ISSUE-31 Author conformance requirements for the alt attribute on images
notes added

mjs: in chairs court on whether to re-open, no update at this time
... whether meta name=generator should be allowed as exemption to alt text
checking
... deployed generators will not disable

mjs: q/c?

janina: not sure summary is correct

cynthia: there are some tools that do a good job
... taking validation piece out is a problem regarding message to tool
[vendors]
... tools are next big front for accessibility

mjs: any other comments

Media Telecon Minutes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Jun/0065.html

mjs: proposals for encryption and adaptive streaming
... under discussion
... anyone interested should review minutes and subscribe to new ML for
this work

paulc: topic for next week will be the adaptive streaming proposal.
... each week plan to alternate topics
... we are working thru the Bugzilla bugs for each proposal.
... working through bugzilla bugs
... many comments on proposals were documented in bugzilla
... seeking widespread input
... discuss in calls and discuss on public-html-media@w3.org
... if you're interested, please join that ML (i.e., send subscribe message
to public-html-media-request@w3.org)

mjs: q/c?

mjs: AOB?
none

Topic: Scribe for Next Meeting

glenn: will not be on call next week due to travel, so can't scribe

plh: can scribe

mjs: thanks plh

Topic: Adjournment

mjs: adjourned

Zakim, list attendees
As of this point the attendees have been +1.619.846.aaaa, glenn, adrianba,
Janina, ddorwin, +1.415.706.aacc, Radhika_Roy, mjs, jaymunro, paulc,
+1.415.706.aadd, [Microsoft],
... +1.613.287.aaee, Plh, Cynthia_Shelly, +1.206.218.aaff


On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

>
> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2012-06-14 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.
>
> http://timeanddate.com/s/28t4
>
> Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00,
> New Jersey/York 12:00, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.
>
> Chair of the meeting: Maciej Stachowiak
> Scribe:
>
> (See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)
>
> == Agenda ==
>
> 1. ACTION items due by Thursday, June 14
>
> a) ACTION-217: Create an updated Caret ring focus (Rich, Ted, Frank)
>   ISSUE-201 CP [Richard Schwerdtfeger]
>   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/217
>
> b) ACTION-212: Draft revised HTML WG charter for May 31 [Michael[tm] Smith]
>   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/212
>
> c) ACTION-219: Review Michael Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199a [Edward O'Connor]
>   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/219
>
> 2. New Issues This Week:
>
>   None
>
> There is 1 tracker request
>
> http://w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=TrackerRequest
>
> 3. Items Closed Last Week
>
> a) ISSUE-205: text-editing-canvas, Survey closed Jun 7
>    https://w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-205-objection-poll/results
>
> 4. Items Closing This Week
>
>   None
>
> 5. Items Closing Next Week
>
> a) ISSUE-184: data-element, Survey closes Jun 21
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0010.html
>
> b) ISSUE-185: drop-pubdate, Surveys close Jun 21
>   https://w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-185b-objection-poll/
>
> c) ISSUE-203: media-descriptions, Call for Consensus closes Jun 20
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0088.html
>
> 6. New Calls this week
>
> a) ISSUE-203: media-descriptions, Call for Consensus closes Jun 20
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0088.html
>
> 7. New Surveys this week
>
> a) ISSUE-184: data-element - Straw Poll for Objections
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0087.html
>
> b) ISSUE-185: drop-pubdate - Straw Poll for Objections
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0091.html
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0092.html
>
> 8. Decisions this week
>
>    None.
>
> 9. Other Business
>
> a) ISSUE-189 uri-web-prefix
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0045.html
>
> b) ISSUE-204 aria-hidden
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0072.html
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0050.html
>
> c) ISSUE-31c meta-generator re-open request
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0070.html
>
> d) Media telecon minutes
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Jun/0065.html
>
> 10. Scribe for next meeting
>
> 11. Adjournment
>
> == Dial-in and IRC Details ==
>
> Zakim teleconference bridge:
>  +1.617.761.6200 code: HTML (4865)
>
> Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
>  #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
>
>
Received on Thursday, 14 June 2012 16:56:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:52 UTC