W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2010

{minutes} } HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-21: status of actions, calls, issues, heartbeat drafts, and TPAC

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:45:04 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <E3EACD022300B94D88613639CF4E25F811820EC4@TK5EX14MBXC138.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
See http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html and below.



/paulc



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada

17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3

Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329





[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
21 Oct 2010

Agenda<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010OctDec/0003.html>

See also: IRC log<http://irc.w3.org:6665/ac>

Attendees
Present
Regrets
Gregory_Rosmaita
Chair
Sam Ruby
Scribe
paulc
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   Action items due this week<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
     *   New issues this week<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
     *   Items closed last week<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
     *   Items closing this week<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#item04>
     *   Items closing next week<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#item05>
     *   New surveys this week<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#item06>
     *   New Calls this week<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#item07>
     *   Heart beat publications<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#item08>
     *   Issue updates<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#item09>
     *   Other business<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#item10>
     *   Chair and scribe for next meeting<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#item11>
     *   Adjournment<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#item12>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<rubys> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 21 October 2010

<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-21: status of actions, calls, issues, heartbeat drafts, and TPAC from Sam Ruby on 2010-10-20 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from October to December 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

<scribe> ScribeNick: paulc
Action items due this week

ACTION-187?

<trackbot> ACTION-187 -- Maciej Stachowiak to inform the group that no comments on issue-9 requirements means they will be accepted -- due 2010-10-21 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/187

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-187 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

No update from Maciej.

ACTION-187 due in one week

<trackbot> ACTION-187 Inform the group that no comments on issue-9 requirements means they will be accepted due date now in one week

ACTION-188?

<trackbot> ACTION-188 -- Sam Ruby to assign a member of the HTML WG to follow up on link-relations registry requests -- due 2010-10-07 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/188

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-188 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Oct/0347.html

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-188: Check on the status of the request for spec additions from Paul Cotton on 2010-10-21 (public-html@w3.org from October 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

Close ACTION-188

<trackbot> ACTION-188 Assign a member of the HTML WG to follow up on link-relations registry requests closed
New issues this week

None

Chairs will convert outstanding 8 tracker requests into issues.

Julian will handle his two TrackerRequests himself. Thank you Julian.
Items closed last week

ISSUE-89?

<trackbot> ISSUE-89 -- Remove Section 4.12 Common Idioms without dedicated Elements -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/89

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-89 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<scribe> Closed on oct 13

ISSUE-118?

<trackbot> ISSUE-118 -- Specification breaks semantics of existing link relations "index" and "first" -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/118

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-118 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Change proposal was received on time and we will proceed with a counter proposal call.

ISSUE-122?

<trackbot> ISSUE-122 -- alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/122

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-122 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

We received a null change proposal but no actual change proposal for the requested change.

We will proceed to a call for consensus.

ISSUE-123?

<trackbot> ISSUE-123 -- Autofocus attribute security concerns -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/123

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-123 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

No ontime change proposal received, Issue is closed without prejudice.
Items closing this week

ISSUE-85?

<trackbot> ISSUE-85 -- ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5 -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/85

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-85 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Call for consensus closed yesterday. There were no objections.

ISSUE-32?

<trackbot> ISSUE-32 -- how to provide a summary of a table, e.g. for unsighted navigation? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/32

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-32 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

This straw poll for objections closes today.

ISSUE-74?

<trackbot> ISSUE-74 -- How accessibility works for <canvas> is unclear. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/74

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-74 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-105?

<trackbot> ISSUE-105 -- allow image maps on the canvas element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-105 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Survey closes today on the combined -74, -105 survey.

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Oct/0327.html

<pimpbot> Title: Re: question about canvas survey and issue-131 from Sam Ruby on 2010-10-20 (public-html@w3.org from October 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

Question 4 in the original survey was deferred and we will process this with ISSUE-131
Items closing next week

ISSUE-119?

<trackbot> ISSUE-119 -- Certain relationships take on a special meaning when repeated; other solutions may be cleaner -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/119

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-119 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Change proposals are due Oct 24.

ISSUE-27?

<trackbot> ISSUE-27 -- @rel value ownership, registry consideration -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/27

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-27 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Alternate or counter proposals due Oct 27.

Julian: A change proposal for ISSUE-119 has been submitted.

<scribe> Chair: This is recorded on the issue page.

<rubys> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-119

<pimpbot> Title: Change Proposal Status (at dev.w3.org)
New surveys this week

None.
New Calls this week

ISSUE-127?

<trackbot> ISSUE-127 -- Simplify characterization of link types -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/127

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-127 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Call for proposals due Nov 21

ISSUE-129?

<trackbot> ISSUE-129 -- replace or modify the ARIA section of the HTML5 spec -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/129

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-129 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Call for proposals due Nov 21.

ISSUE-118?

<trackbot> ISSUE-118 -- Specification breaks semantics of existing link relations "index" and "first" -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/118

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-118 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Call for counter proposals due Nov 21.

ISSUE-122?

<trackbot> ISSUE-122 -- alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/122

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-122 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Call for consensus closes Oct 27.

Julian: Why does -122 show up twice in the agenda.

<scribe> Chair: We are progressing -122 to the next stage in this agenda item.
Heart beat publications

MikeSmith: All 8 drafts that we queued for publication are in the final stages of getting thru pubrules.
... Getting thru pubrules checker problems is taking longer than expected. Mike is working with WebMaster to get them fixed.
... Hoping to get the pubrules problems fixed before the end of this week.
... Announcement for w3.org home page is ready to go.

PaulC: Why are editors not doing pubrules checker work?

MikeSmith: I agree that the Editors should do this kind of work in the future.
... Part of the problem is URL links between the published documents. The build process impacts these links.
... This kind of problem is not the Editor's fault so this is why MikeSmith is taking care of the problem and why there is a delay.
... Getting eight drafts is a bigger job.
... I will let the WG know when the pub cycle is done.
Issue updates

ISSUE-27?

<trackbot> ISSUE-27 -- @rel value ownership, registry consideration -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/27

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-27 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Oct/0067.html

<pimpbot> Title: volunteer needed to raise new HTML5 spec bug proposing general link-relations spec change [was: ACTION-188 (was: ACTION-185 (register link relations))] from Michael(tm) Smith on 2010-10-06 (public-html@w3.org from October 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

ISSUE-109?

<trackbot> ISSUE-109 -- change ARIA section title and add extra text about use of ARIA -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/109

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-109 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Oct/0135.html

<pimpbot> Title: Re: Issue-85 (was: ISSUE-129: replace or modify the ARIA section of the HTML5 spec) from Steven Faulkner on 2010-10-12 (public-html@w3.org from October 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

ISSUE-109 will be resolved after ISSUE-74.

ISSUE-9?

<trackbot> ISSUE-9 -- how accessibility works for <video> is unclear -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-9 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

See results of ACTION-188?

ACTION-188?

<trackbot> ACTION-188 -- Sam Ruby to assign a member of the HTML WG to follow up on link-relations registry requests -- due 2010-10-07 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/188

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-188 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ACTION-189?

<trackbot> ACTION-189 -- Paul Cotton to check on the status of the request for spec additions related to the <track> element -- due 2010-10-21 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/189

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-189 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

fixup:

ACTION-189 is closed.

close ACTION-189

<trackbot> ACTION-189 Check on the status of the request for spec additions related to the <track> element closed

ACTION-187?

<trackbot> ACTION-187 -- Maciej Stachowiak to inform the group that no comments on issue-9 requirements means they will be accepted -- due 2010-10-21 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/187

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-187 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<Julian> We still need to re-open ACTION-188, right?

<rubys> julian: action-188 was previously closed

Maciej: I am working on a draft statement and will submit first to co-chairs and TF facilitator before the end of the week.
Other business

<Julian> rubys: when?

nov 4 weekly WG conference is cancelled.

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Oct/0067.html

<pimpbot> Title: volunteer needed to raise new HTML5 spec bug proposing general link-relations spec change [was: ACTION-188 (was: ACTION-185 (register link relations))] from Michael(tm) Smith on 2010-10-06 (public-html@w3.org from October 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

Lack of volunteers will have to factored into the issue.

Julian: Once we have progress on whether we will use the registry, Julian will volunteer to update/create the necessary change proposal.

<Julian> Rephrasing the link definitions depends on how we decide on ISSUE-27.

<scribe> Chair: We do have a problem with ISSUE-27 and we may have to take a decision based on the status ie lack of volunteers.

Julian: Are the Chairs proposing to proceed on ISSUE-27?

<scribe> Chair: We are currently waiting until Oct 27 for a counter proposals for ISSUE-27.

<rubys> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-027

<pimpbot> Title: Change Proposal Status (at dev.w3.org)

Julian: What is needed is a proposal that covers 15 link relations and Julian does not want to do this work if the WG decided against this approach.

Restating: Nov 4 Weekly WG meeting is cancelled.

TP HTML.next panel:

http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/PlenaryAgenda.html

<pimpbot> Title: TPAC 2010: Plenary Day Meeting (at www.w3.org)

The HTML.next panel is currently described at the above link and will occur just before lunch.

The panel will be preceded by an HTML5 demo 30+ min session.

<Zakim> plh, you wanted to remind about TPAC registration and to talk about HTML5 Demos

plh: HTML5: Google, Mozilla, Opera and MSFT will show HTML5 implementations ie eye-candy session.

URGENT: Registration fee increases significantly after Oct 22

Paulc: The TAG has requested a joint meeting in Lyon. The Chairs are working on determing the topics for such a joint meeting.
Chair and scribe for next meeting

Chair will be Maciej.

volunteers for Scribe?

Default will be Sam if no one else volunteers.
Adjournment

The meeting was adjourned at :41 mins

Summary of Action Items





image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Thursday, 21 October 2010 16:45:52 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:51 UTC