W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2010

RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 16:26:47 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <104E6B5B6535E849970CDFBB1C5216EB2F16D1B7@TK5EX14MBXC136.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
The minutes of the meeting are available here: http://www.w3.org/2010/05/27-html-wg-minutes.html

- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
27 May 2010
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010AprJun/0012.html

See also: IRC log (http://www.w3.org/2010/05/27-html-wg-irc)

Chair
  rubys
Scribe
  adrianba

Topics
 
ACTION items due by Thu May 27
Recent Issues activity
Items that close this week (by Fri May 28)
New Issues This Week
WG Decision Policy update
Discuss Survey results
Heartbeat Working Drafts & First Public Working Drafts
Upcoming deadlines
Task Force Reports
Other Business
Scribe for next meeting
Adjournment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



<trackbot> Date: 27 May 2010

<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 from Sam Ruby on 2010-05-26 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from April to June 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

ACTION items due by Thu May 27
action-29?

<trackbot> ACTION-29 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring -- due 2010-05-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-29 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

action-178?

<trackbot> ACTION-178 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to contact the various chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use of the text/html mime type -- due 2010-05-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/178

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-178 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

action-179?

<trackbot> ACTION-179 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to set automatic copy of HG to www.w3.org -- due 2010-05-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/179

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-179 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: plh doesn't seem to be here

Recent Issues activity
ISSUE-89?

<trackbot> ISSUE-89 -- Remove Section 4.12 Common Idioms without dedicated Elements -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/89

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-89 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-92?

<trackbot> ISSUE-92 -- Re-write the Table section to remove extraneous material, and provide cleaner description -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/92

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-92 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: we have counter proposals

ISSUE-103?

<trackbot> ISSUE-103 -- XML escaping in iframe/@srcdoc -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/103

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-103 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-107?

<trackbot> ISSUE-107 -- Politics in fallback example for plugin usage -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/107

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-107 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: will actually issue a call for consensus - no counter proposals

ISSUE-86?

<trackbot> ISSUE-86 -- HTML5 relaxes Atom requirement on atom:id stability -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/86

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-86 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: we will put a note out that we have consensus to remove this feature

Items that close this week (by Fri May 28)
ISSUE-9?

<trackbot> ISSUE-9 -- how accessibility works for <video> is unclear -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-9 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: discussed at the TF

<janina> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements

<pimpbot> Title: Media Accessibility Requirements - HTML accessibility task force Wiki (at www.w3.org)

janina: document is substantially finished
... still vetting for completeness in case of missing or mistaken content
... will be a little language tweaking
... in addition we're ready to move to the next step: gap analysis of candidate suggestions
... little too soon to know how long this will take
... my sense is we should know that after the gap analysis
... HCG group interested in this
... will spend their next call looking at this

ISSUE-109?

<trackbot> ISSUE-109 -- change ARIA section title and add extra text about use of ARIA -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/109

<Julian> change proposal for ISSUE-109: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ariasection (see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010May/0390.html)

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-109 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<pimpbot> Title: ChangeProposals/ariasection - HTML WG Wiki (at www.w3.org)

rubys: now have a change proposal
... ISSUE-111 through 115 no change proposals for these

ISSUE-111?

<trackbot> ISSUE-111 -- What does input.@required mean for @type = checkbox? -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/111

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-111 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-112?

<trackbot> ISSUE-112 -- negative keywords-not meta tags -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/112

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-112 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-113?

<trackbot> ISSUE-113 -- add a preventable forced-fragment method -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/113

ISSUE-114?

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-113 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-115?

<trackbot> ISSUE-114 -- link tag: rel: associate pages about the same organization across many sites for searches without a canonical page and despite a confusingly indistinct name -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/114

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-114 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<trackbot> ISSUE-115 -- link tag: rel: associate pages about the same person across many sites for searches without a canonical page and despite a confusingly indistinct name -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/115

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-115 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

New Issues This Week
rubys: none

WG Decision Policy update
rubys: maciej is away at the moment

Discuss Survey results
rubys: ready to post decisions today on the first 3

ISSUE-66?

<trackbot> ISSUE-66 -- image analysis heuristics -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/66

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-66 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-90?

<trackbot> ISSUE-90 -- Tighten the focus and allowable content in the figure element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/90

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-90 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-91?

<trackbot> ISSUE-91 -- Re-focus and tighten definition of the aside element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/91

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-91 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: will try to get to the next few in the next few days

Heartbeat Working Drafts & First Public Working Drafts
rubys: i have seen no objections to publishing any of these
... have seen posts of support
... will therefore be proceeding

Upcoming deadlines
rubys: already talked about iSSUE-9 and ISSUE-111 through 115

Task Force Reports
rubys: A11Y - anything else to say beyond ISSUE-9

janina: no

rubys: Testing Task Force

<krisk> Meet last week as planned - agenda/irc log at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2010May/0022.html

<pimpbot> Title: RE: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 5/18/2010 from Kris Krueger on 2010-05-27 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from May 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

krisk: met last week as planned

<krisk> The list has had the most traffic ever for a month (23 posts)

krisk: most posts ever to the mailing list this month
... plh uploaded some video files
... into the repository

<krisk> We have created a sample video test case using these videos http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/raw-file/tip/tests/submission/Microsoft/video/video.htm

<pimpbot> Title: HTMLVideoElement (at dvcs.w3.org)

krisk: now creating video tests
... meeting again next week

rubys: janina, about canvas

janina: good news and bad news: bad news is deadline will slip
... good news is everyone is participating in the discussion
... we didn't have engineering feedback from apple but we had this late last week
... the group is working to bring things into sync
... but this is going to take a few more weeks

rubys: let's discuss this in 2 weeks from now

janina: yes, then we should have an idea of how long it will take if it is not done

Other Business
rubys: any takers?

Scribe for next meeting
rubys: any volunteers?

Adjournment
rubys: thanks everyone

-----Original Message-----
From: public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Sam Ruby
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:49 AM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2010-05-27 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

   http://timeanddate.com/s/1qyf

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby
Scribe: Philippe Le Hégaret

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thu May 27
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

a) ACTION-29 on Philippe Le Hégaret: Follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring - due
2010-05-27  - open

b) ACTION-178 on Philippe Le Hégaret: Contact the various chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use of the text/html mime type - due
2010-05-27 - open

c) ACTION-179 on Philippe Le Hégaret: Set automatic copy of HG to www.w3.org - due 2010-05-27 - open

2. Recent Issues activity:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

May 20th, 2010
  ISSUE-89 idioms - Counter-Proposal from Tab Atkins received http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010May/0360.html

  ISSUE-92 tablecleanup - Counter-Proposal from Tab Atkins received http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010May/0362.html

  ISSUE-103 srcdoc-xml-escaping - Closing without Prejudice
  ISSUE-107 plugin-fallback-example - Closing without Prejudice
  ISSUE-86 atom-id-stability - Consensus to remove

3. Items that close this week (by Fri May 28)

May 27th, 2010
  ISSUE-9 video-accessibility - Accessibility Task Force to submit Requirements document

May 28th, 2010
   ISSUE-109 aria-section-title - Change Proposal from Steve Faulkner due
   ISSUE-111 checkbox-required - Call for Proposals closes
   ISSUE-112 meta-keywords-not - Call for Proposals closes
   ISSUE-113 forced-fragment - Call for Proposals closes
   ISSUE-114 rel-canonical-organization - Call for Proposals closes
   ISSUE-115 rel-canonical-human - Call for Proposals closes

4. New Issues This Week:

none

5. WG Decision Policy update
Current decision policy:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html
Editor's draft:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy-v2.html

Decision policy issues pending as of May 11
http://tinyurl.com/ygc6uw8

6. Discuss Survey results
  ISSUE-66 image-analysis
  ISSUE-90 figure
  ISSUE-91 aside
  ISSUE-93 details
  ISSUE-95 hidden
  ISSUE-96 progress
  ISSUE-97 meter

7. Heartbeat Working Drafts & First Public Working Drafts

Call for Consensus to publish closes May 26th:
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010May/0297.html

Heartbeat Working Drafts:
     HTML 5: http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/
     HTML+RDFa: http://dev.w3.org/html5/rdfa/
     HTML Microdata: http://dev.w3.org/html5/md/
     HTML Canvas 2D Context: http://dev.w3.org/html5/2dcontext/
     HTML: The Markup Language: http://dev.w3.org/html5/markup/
     HTML5 Differences from HTML4:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/html4-differences/

First Public Working Drafts:
     HTML/XHTML Compatibility Authoring Guidelines:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-xhtml-author-guide/html-xhtml-authoring-guide.html
     HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/alt-techniques/

8. Upcoming deadlines

Requirements document due May 27:
ISSUE-9 video-accessibility

Will close without prejudice if nobody volunteers by May 28:
ISSUE-109 aria-section-title
ISSUE-111 checkbox-required
ISSUE-112 meta-keywords-not
ISSUE-113 forced-fragment
ISSUE-114 rel-canonical-organization
ISSUE-115 rel-canonical-human

9. Task Force Reports
a. Accessibility Task Force
     ISSUE-9 video-accessibility
     ISSUE-74 canvas-accessibility
     ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap
     ISSUE-85 anchor-roles

b. Testing Task Force

10. Other Business

TBD

11. Scribe for next meeting

Volunteers?

12. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge
+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Received on Thursday, 27 May 2010 16:28:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:51 UTC